Welcome to the Sppeedy Privacy Center -- take a look around. You'll learn how Sppeedy treats your personal information, along with ways to control your preferences and settings. As always, Sppeedy is committed to gaining your trust.
The federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
How Sppeedy Uses Your Personal Information
This policy covers how Sppeedy treats personal information that Sppeedy collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Sppeedy products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Sppeedy does not own or control, or to people that Sppeedy does not employ or manage.
Information Collection & Use
Sppeedy collects personal information when you register with Sppeedy, when you use Sppeedy products or services, when you visit Sppeedy pages or the pages of certain Sppeedy partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Sppeedy may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we might also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. When you register with Sppeedy and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Sppeedy collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
Sppeedy analyzes and stores all communications content, including email content from incoming and outgoing email.
Sppeedy automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Sppeedy cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
Sppeedy uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
With parental permission, a child under age 13 might have a Sppeedy Account.
Information Sharing & Disclosure
Sppeedy does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
· We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Sppeedy under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Sppeedy communicate with you about offers from Sppeedy and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
· We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. See Children's Privacy & Family Accounts for more information about our privacy practices for children under 13.
· We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process (such as law enforcement requests), or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
· Sppeedy displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
· Sppeedy does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
· Sppeedy advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
Sppeedy works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Sppeedy may set and access Sppeedy cookies on your computer. We may also set and access device identifiers which could include IP address, user agent information (browser version, OS type and version), and device provided identifiers. Once you log into Sppeedy on your device, Sppeedy may recognize your device to provide you with a personalized experience, independent of your device settings. You can control your personalized experience across Sppeedy through our Ad Interest Manager.
Sppeedy lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies and device identifiers is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Sppeedy's cookies. Sppeedy uses web beacons to access Sppeedy cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Sppeedy products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
You can edit your Sppeedy Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time. You can also modify information you have provided to Sppeedy through the Sppeedy products or services you may use. New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Sppeedy service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Sppeedy Newsletter, that are considered part of your Sppeedy account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
You can delete your Sppeedy account by visiting our Account Deletion page. Please click here to read about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality & Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
To learn more about security, including the security steps we have taken and security steps you can take, please read Security at Sppeedy.
Changes to This Policy Sppeedy may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Sppeedy account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please contact us.
Last Updated: January 30, 2017